Himachal Pradesh Combined Entrance Test (HPCET) 2023 application forms are made available in the first week of March 2023. Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU) administers a university-level entrance exam. The exam is held for candidates seeking admission to Diploma, Undergraduate, and Postgraduate programs. Qualified candidates are admitted to various courses in engineering, management, computer applications, and pharmacy, among other fields.
Seeking Information on HPCET Engineering Entrance Exams?
Submit Your Details Now!
|Register for FREE Counselling|
10 Minutes Free Session
HPCETSeeking Information on HPCET Engineering Entrance Exams?
Submit Your Details Now!
Register for FREE Counselling
|Full Exam Name||Himachal Pradesh Combined Entrance Test 2023|
|Short Exam Name||HPCET 2023|
|Conducting Body||Himachal Pradesh Technical University|
|Frequency of Conduct|
|Application Fees||Rs. 3100/-|
|No. of papers||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
HPCET 2023 Syllabus
|Mathematics||Sets, Relations And Functions Complex Numbers And QuadraticMatrices And Determinants:Permutations And CombinationsMathematical Induction:Binomial Theorem And Its Simple ApplicationsSequences And SeriesLimit, Continuity And Differentiability:Integral Calculus:Differential EquationsCoordinate GeometryThree Dimensional GeometryVector Algebra:Statistics And ProbabilityTrigonometryMathematical Reasoning|
|Chemistry||Some Basic Concepts In ChemistryStates Of MatterAtomic Structure Chemical Bonding And Molecular StructureEquilibriumRedox Reactions And ElectrochemistryChemical KineticsClassification Of Elements AndPeriodicity In Properties General Principles And Processes Of Isolation Of MetalsUnhydrogenBlock Elements (Alkali AndD-And-Block Elements Transition ElementsAlkaline Earth MetalsP-Block ElementsCoordination CompoundEnvironmental ChemistryPurification And Characterisation Of Organic CompoundsSomeramic Principles Of OrganicChemistryHydrocarbonsOrganic Compounds Containing HalogensOrganic Compounds Containing Oxygen (Alcohols, Phenols And Ethers)Organic Compounds Containing NitrogenPolymersBiomoleculesChemistry In Everyday LifePrinciples Related To Practical Chemistry|
|Physics||Physics And MeasurementKinematicsLaws Of MotionWork, Energy And PowerRotational MotionGravitationProperties Of Solids And LiquidThermodynamicsOscillations And WavesElectrostaticsCurrent ElectricityMagnetic Effects Of Current And MagnetismCommunication SystemsDual Nature Of Matter And RadiationOpticsElectromagnetic Induction|
HPCET 2023 Exam Date
|Online application form starts||1st week of March 2023|
|Last date to submit application form||4th week of April 2023|
|Admit card||1st week of May 2023|
|Exam date||2nd week of May 2023|
|Result declaration||4th week of May 2023|
HPCET 2023 Exam Pattern
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Language of exam||English|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice type|
|a Total number of questions||150|
|Marking scheme||Correct answer: +2Incorrect answer: 0.25|
HPCET 2023 Eligibility
Passed/appeared 10+2 examination with Physics/ Mathematics /Chemistry/ Computer Science/Electronics/Information Technology/ Biology/Informatics Practices/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject/ Agriculture/ Engineering Graphics/ Business Studies/Entrepreneurship, Obtained at least 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates belonging to the reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
Passed diploma (in Engineering and Technology) with at least 45% marks (40% for the reserved category) subject to vacancies in the first year, in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.
HPCET E-Admit Card
(a) The e-admit card duly signed by the Controller of Examinations (COE) are made
available to candidates on the university website, i.e., www.himtu.ac.in. The
candidates should download an e-admit card by entering the application form number/
date of birth.
(b) The e-admit card will contain the e-admit card number, a photograph of the student,
address of the examination center, and the examination date. Discrepancies, if any, must
be brought to the notice of the Controller of Examinations, Himachal Pradesh
Technical University, VPO Daruhi, Distt. Hamirpur (H.P.)-177001 immediately.
(c) Candidates should take a print of the e-admit card using the print option on A-4 size
paper only. Please ensure that all information on the e-admit card including
a photograph is clearly visible on the print, and that the e-admit card is duly signed by COE.
(d) Candidates will not be permitted to appear for the written test without a valid e-admit
(e) Candidates must not mutilate their e-admit cards or change any entry made therein after it
has been authenticated and received by them. Impersonation is a legally punishable
(f) The e-admit card is an important document and it must be preserved and produced at
the time of the entrance examination/test. Candidate should report to the allotted
examination center along with an e-admit card and ID proof like an aadhar card etc.
at least half an hour before the commencement of the examination.
Application Form for HPCET 2023
- In the month of March 2023, the online application form for HPCET 2023 are made available on the official website www.himtu.ac.in.
- Candidates must provide basic personal and educational information in order to fill out the application form.
- Candidates must also upload a scanned copy of their photograph and signature to the application form.
- Completed application forms, along with the required application fee, can be submitted online.
- The application fee can be paid online via net banking, debit or credit card, or offline via PNB Challan.
- When paying by challan, the payment information must be entered into the application form.
- Candidates should take a printout of the final form after submitting it.
HPCET 2023 Online Form Submission
Step 1: Registration:
- Visit the website http://www.himtu.ac.in and click the link “Application Form for HPCET2023” available in the menu “Online Admission Form” under the Tab “Admission” on the HPTU website. Ensure that you have downloaded the Information Brochure HPCET-2023, read Carefully all the instructions contained in the Information Brochure HPCET-2023, and the instructions displayed after clicking on the “Click Here to Apply for HPCET-2023” button.
- Select the Check Box “I downloaded the information bulletin and followed all of the instructions,” and then click on the “Proceed to Online Application” button. The Account Registration Form will be displayed.
- Enter the necessary information against Name (exactly as it appears on the 10th Certificate), and User Name (The Username must be unique; candidates are advised to use some special character when entering the Username).
- Enter your password, confirm your password, date of birth, valid email address, and phone number. After filling out the form, click the “Create Account” button.
- The system will generate a Unique Form Number, which will be displayed in the screen’s popup menu, and the credential generated by the system for this application/form will also be sent to the registered email address entered during registration.
Step 2: Login:
Click the “login” button and fill in the Username, Password, and Application Form Number. An online application form will appear. The form has been divided into six tabs i.e Basic Detail, Verify Email, Upload Photo, and Signature, Fee Payment & Payment Detail Confirmation. After the successful submission of each webpage of the application form, the next page will be opened automatically.
Step 3: Verify email:
The email address entered by the candidate during the registration of the form will automatically appear. The candidate can edit his / her wrongly entered email ID. The system-generated OTP will be sent to the candidate’s email ID by clicking the button “Send OTP on Email”. On entering a valid OTP, you will see the webpage message of Email verified successfully. Next tab UPLOAD PHOTOGRAPH/ SIGNATURE will appear on the screen
Step 4: Upload photograph and signature:
(a) Photograph: Click on browse to select your latest scanned photograph and select the file
size upto 50kb of *.JPEG/JPG format from the source.
(b) Signature: Upload the JPEG/JPG format file by browsing the source and selecting your latest
digital signatures of file size upto 30kb. After attaching all the files, click on the “Upload” button. You will see the webpage message on the screen Documents are uploaded successfully. The next page confirmation will appear automatically
Step 5: Confirmation:
Thereafter, the filled application form under the “Confirmation” button will appear. At the bottom of the application form two options i.e. “Edit” and “Submit and Go For Payment” shall be there. In case you intend to make a correction displayed on the confirmation page, click on the “Edit” button. The data filled by you will appear in editable form. Make the necessary correction and click on the “Update Details” button to save the changes.
You will see the webpage message of updated successfully on the screen. Now click the “Submit and Go For Payment” button. A webpage message will be displayed on the screen that you will not be able to edit any part of the information after clicking the “OK” button.
Click the CANCEL button if you do not want to finally submit your form right now. On clicking the “OK” button, a webpage message “Your Form has been submitted successfully” will be displayed on the screen. It may be ensured before you click the “OK” button that all the applicable fields have been filled correctly and no change will occur after final submission.
Step 6: Make fee payment:
Click the “Click here to get Fee Payment Link” Button; the option to make online fee payment will appear and Click the button “Click here to Fee payment ”. Before proceeding further read the “Terms & Conditions” carefully and choose a payment method from HDFC Credit/Debit Card, Other Credit /Other Debit Card, Net banking then select Debit/Credit Type i.e. Visa Debit Cards (All Banks), MasterCard Debit Cards (All Banks), Other Maestro Card and make necessary entries of Card Number, Name of the Card, CVV Number & expiry date, etc. click on “Pay Now” button.
You will be automatically redirected to your bank website. After a successful transaction, the web page will automatically be redirected to the university website http://www.himtu.ac.in
If you opt for the fee payment method “ Net Banking” you have to select the name of the bank from the dropdown menu and have to enter your bank Login Id and password, make the necessary entries in the payment form of the concerned bank.
Click on the “Pay Now” button. You will be automatically redirected to your bank website. After a successful transaction, the page will be redirected to the University website and the system will generate the PDF of the application form.
- Certificates of class XII.
- Class XII mark sheets are issued by the board/university.
- Date of birth certificate or matriculation/higher secondary/Indian school certificates showing the date of birth.
- HPCET scorecard.
- Character certificate from the head of the institution last attended.
- Bonafide/domicile certificate issued by the concerned authority.
- Reserved category certificate issued by the competent authority, if applicable.
- Physically challenged certificate issued by the competent authority, if applicable.
Frequently Asked Question
Q. Who will conduct HPCET 2023?
A. Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU) will conduct the entrance exam for HPCET 2023.
Q. Can candidates fill out the HPCET application form offline?
A. No, HPCET 2023 application form will be available only online.
Q. What is the total number of seats offered for the HPCET?
A. The number of HPCET seats is based on the institute’s intake policy amendment.
Q. Can candidates from other states apply for HPCET?
A. HPCET is conducted only for state candidates.
Q. Which courses are offered through HPCET 2023?
A. HPCET 2023 is conducted for offering admission in various UG and PG courses from technical and professional colleges of Himachal Pradesh. The courses in which the candidates may take admission through the exam are BHMCT, BBA, B.Tech, B.Pharma, BCA, M.Tech, M.Pharmacy, M.Sc., MBA, and MCA.
Q. What is the exam mode of HPCET 2023?
A. HPCET 2023 will be held in pen-paper-based format.