Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) is administered by Vellore Institute of Technology for admission to various undergraduate engineering programs. VITEEE will be held at designated centers across India and abroad between the 15th and 21st of April 2023 (tentative). The examination will last two hours and thirty minutes. Candidates can only appear for VITEEE once. All questions will be multiple choice, with one mark for the correct answer and zero for the incorrect answer. There will be 125 questions in total, divided into the following sections: Math/Biology (40 questions), Physics (35 questions), Chemistry (35 questions), Aptitude (10 questions), and English (5 questions).
The question paper will be only in English. The application fee and subsequent counseling fees are non-refundable. The detailed syllabus can be found at www.viteee.vit.ac.in.
VITEEE 2023 HIGHLIGHTS
|Full Exam Name||Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE)|
|Short Exam Name||VITEEE|
|Conducting Body||Vellore Institute of Technology|
|Frequency of Conduct||Anually|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||Rs. 1,350/-|
|Application Fee (Foreign / NRI / NRI Sponsored category)||90 USD (Rs. 7,450/-)|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|BTech Participating Colleges||VIT-VelloreVIT-ChennaiVIT-APVIT-Bhopal|
|MET B.Tech – Duration||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) Dates
|Last date for Receipt of the Application||March 31, 2023 (Tentative)|
|VITEEE||April 15 – 21, 2023 (Tentative)|
|Result Declaration||To be announced|
|Counselling||To be announced|
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination Syllabus – VITEE 2023
The official Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination 2023 has been released by VIT. Candidates can view the subjects, topics, and units required for the entrance examination. Candidates are advised to carefully review the syllabus before preparing for the exam. The syllabus will be used to create the official question paper.
|Subject||Syllabus||No of Questions|
|Mathematics||Matrices and their ApplicationsTrigonometry and Complex NumbersAnalytical Geometry of two dimensionsVector Algebra Analytical Geometry of Three DimensionsDifferential CalculusIntegral Calculus and its ApplicationsDifferential Equations9. Discrete MathematicsProbability and Distributions|
|Biology||TaxonomyCell and Molecular BiologyReproductionGenetics and evolution Human health and diseasesBiochemistryPlant physiologyHuman physiologyBiotechnology and its applicationsBiodiversity, ecology and environment|
|Chemistry||Physical Chemistry Inorganic and Material ChemistryAnalytical Chemistry Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry Properties and Chemistry of Functionalized Organic Compounds Organic Nitrogen CompoundBiomolecules and Polymers||35|
|Physics||Mechanics and Properties of Matter Electrostatics Current Electricity & Magnetic Effects of Electric Current Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating CurrentOptics Dual Nature of Radiation, Atomic & Nuclear Physics Semiconductor Devices and their Applications||35|
|English||short passage or line of poemsEnglish grammarPronouciationLines of poemsDialouguesAptitudeData InterpretationData Sufficiency SyllogismNumber Series, Coding, and DecodingClocks, Calendars, and Directions||5|
VIT vellore entrance exam 2022 Exam Pattern:
VITEE Test Fees – Application Fee
|Particulars||Amount (in Rs.)|
|Application Fee||Rs. 1,350/-|
|Application Fee (Foreign / NRI / NRI Sponsored category)|
90 USD (Rs. 7,450/-)
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- The applicant should be a Resident / Non-Resident Indian National / PIO/OCI
- NRI applicants can directly apply under ‘NRI Category’ through NRI application form
- Foreign applicants who studied/studying abroad can apply directly through the International application form.(Will be available shortly)
- Applicants whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 2001 are eligible to apply for Engineering admission 2023.
- The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic.
- Applicants should produce this certificate in original as proof of their age at the time of counseling/admission, failing which their candidacy for admission will be disqualified.
Applicants applying for UG Engineering admission should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2023, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE),New Delhi.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva. (Physics & Mathematics – HL, Chemistry – SL)
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- Regular ‘NIOS’ board candidates are also eligible for Undergraduate Engineering programmes. Applicants should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
Applicants who have completed the Class 12 (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class 12 Examination with grade/CGPA converted to a percentage.
For Indian nationals appearance in VITEEE 2023 is mandatory to be eligible for B. Tech. admission.
In case VITEEE 2023 gets canceled due to natural calamities, qualifying criteria may be substituted with higher secondary marks or JEE-23 or a valid SAT. Applicants will be informed of specifics in such cases.
Qualifying Examination Performance
- Applicants applying for the Undergraduate Engineering admission in 2023 should have secured minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- Applicants applying for the Undergraduate Engineering admission in 2023 should have passed with minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate) for the following categories:
- Applicants belonging to SC/ST
- Applicants hailing from Jammu and Kashmir/ Ladakh and the Northeastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura. Certificates to prove community/nativity should be produced at the time of counseling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
PCMB/PCM applicants who have attempted Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, and Aptitude in VITEEE 2023 are eligible for all B. Tech Programmes.
PCMB/PCB/PCM applicants who have attempted Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English, and Aptitude in VITEEE 2023 & PCB applicants who have attempted Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Aptitude in VITEEE 2023 are eligible only for the following programs only:
- B.Tech. Biotechnology (VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Bioinformatics – VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering (Biomedical Engineering – VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Bioengineering (VIT-Bhopal)
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Specialization in Health Informatics) (VIT-Bhopal)
The selection of subjects (MPCEA / BPCEA) should be mentioned in application form.
- Step-1: Submission of VITEEE Application through Web by applicants https://viteee.vit.ac.in
- Step-2: Application Verification & Scrutiny
- Step- 3:Generate link for test slot booking to the candidates
- Step-4: Test Slot, Centre booking & Admit Card Generation by the candidates
- Step-5: Appear for VITEEE 2023
- Step-6: VITEEE 2023 Result Announcement
- Step-7: Announcement of Online Counselling based on VITEEE 2023 Rank
- Step-8: Programme wishlist by the candidates
- Step-9: Provisional Admission Letter to B.Tech Programme based on Merit
- Step-10: Document Verification
- Copy of Provisional Letter
- XII Mark statements of all attempts of qualifying examination
- Transfer Certificate / School leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate (if issued by the board)
- Student Profile (https://admissions.vit.ac.in/freshersportal/login) – (Signed by Student & Parent)
- Affidavit by the Student (https://vit.ac.in/files/admissions/Affidavit_Student.pdf) – (Signed & Notarized)
- Affidavit by the Parent (https://vit.ac.in/files/admissions/Affidavit_Parent.pdf) – (Signed & Notarized)
- Hostel Affidavit (https://vit.ac.in/campuslife/hostels) – (Signed by Notarized)
- Certificate of Physical Fitness (https://vit.ac.in/files/admissions/PhysicalFitness_Certificate.pdf)- (Certified by authorized Physician)
- Undertaking form (https://vit.ac.in/sites/default/files/Undertaking.pdf) – (Signed by Student & Parent)
- Recent passport size colour photos – 2 Nos.
- Aadhar card / Age proof certificate
- X & XII mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Community Certificate (For SC/ST only)
- Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir, Ladhak and the North Eastern states)
Additional Documents required from NRI/Foreign students:
All copies of documents will be archived and will not be returned for any reason
Frequently Asked Question
How many campuses does VIT have?
Under VIT Group there are VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT AP, and VIT Bhopal. The first two come under Deemed to be University and VIT-AP and VIT-Bhopal are state-private Universities.
Is there lateral entry admission available for Diploma candidates?
‘No’. There is no lateral entry admission offered for B.Tech and UG programs. Diploma holders (10+3) are eligible for B.Sc. Multimedia and Animation, Visual Communication, and Fashion Designing (Chennai) with an overall aggregate of 60%.
What would be the valid ID proofs needed to be produced in the entrance examination hall, in addition to the E-admit card with photograph?
Candidate should bring the original of either Aadhar card/ Driving license/ PAN card / Passport/ Voter ID card or else School ID card.
Are candidates appearing for Improvement/Privately also eligible to apply for VITEEE?
‘Yes’. They are eligible to apply for VITEEE and should produce their marks sheet at the time of counseling/ admission.
What is the closing date for the issue of applications?
Applications will be issued till the end of March 2023 (tentative)
Would there be a refund if the Candidate has made two payment transactions for HIs? Her VITEEE application?
‘Yes’. If the amount towards the VITEEE application form has been paid twice for the same application, the excess amount paid will be refunded to your account within 7 working days.
What is slot booking in VIT?
Slot booking refers to you choosing your venue, date, and time for the VITEEE at your desired test city. Vellore Institute of Technology VIT starts the online VITEEE Slot Booking at VIT’s Online Test Booking System.(OTBS). The candidates have to use their VITEEE 2023 application number and password to enter the VIT OTBS. The slot booking is done in a first come first serve basis. After the VITEEE 2023 Slot booking the candidates can check their admit card that is generated just after. The candidates have to download the same and complete the process.
Can a student change their slots?
A slot once booked cannot be changed.
Does VIT provide scholarships to students from rural areas and underprivileged meritorious students?
STARS (Support the Advancement of Rural Students Scheme) helps students from underprivileged backgrounds of Tamil Nadu/ Andra Pradesh to achieve their dreams by giving them 100% fee waiver for their academic, hostel and basic medical expenses. Top boys and girls from Rural Government schools are shortlisted for the scheme.