IPU B. Tech counselling refers to the admission procedure for undergraduate engineering courses at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) affiliated colleges. Depending on the availability of seats, IPU B.Tech counselling takes place in numerous rounds.
IPU B. Tech Counselling
Get the best Engineering College according to your JEE Main Rank,through IPU B. Tech Counselling.
The counselling procedure begins with online registration, during which the candidate enters personal and academic information, uploads appropriate papers, and pays the registration cost. Following registration, candidates must appear in person at the designated centres for document verification.
One of the primary benefits of IPU B.Tech counselling is the availability of a wide selection of engineering degrees in prestigious colleges throughout Delhi. The counselling procedure is intended to meet the needs of students from various academic backgrounds and interests.
Some of the top Engineering Colleges in India that are affiliated with IPU include Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology, Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology, and Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering, among others.
IPU B. Tech Counselling Highlights
|Counselling Conducted by||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)|
|Level of Course||Undergraduate (UG) engineering programs.|
|Registration Process||The counselling process is conducted online, and candidates need to register on the official website and submit their documents.|
|Entrance Exam Name||Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET)|
|Counselling Rounds||There can be multiple rounds of counselling based on the availability of seats.|
|Popular Engineering Branches Offered||The popular engineering branches offered through IPU B.Tech counselling include Computer Science, Electronics and Communication, Mechanical, Civil Engineering, and many others.|
|Counselling Fee||Candidates need to pay a counselling fee of INR 1000 (tentative) to participate in the counselling process.|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
The conducting body releases the IPU B.Tech counselling schedule following the announcement of results. Important dates such as registration start and end dates, option filling days, seat allotment outcome dates, and more are included in the programme. To prevent missing any essential events during the Engineering Admission counselling process, candidates must review the timetable and stick to the deadlines.
|Activity||Tentative Starting Date||Tentative Closing Date|
|Registration for Counselling||06/06/23||09/06/23|
|Verification of Reserved Category Certificates (or any other category) at Designated Centres||12/06/23||15/06/23|
First Counselling: Round 1
|Freezing of Allotment||23/06/23||27/06/23|
|Withdrawal of Admission||23/06/23||27/06/23|
Second Counselling: Round 2
|Choice change after payment of fees of first round||28/06/23||30/06/23|
|Freezing of Allotment||04/07/23||06/07/23|
|Withdrawal of Admission||04/07/23||07/07/23|
Third Counselling: Round 3
|Choice change after payment of fees of second round||04/07/23||06/07/23|
|Seat Allotment (of reserved category with inter conversions, if any||07/07/23||11/07/23|
|Seat Allotment (of open/general category with conversions, if any)||07/07/23||11/07/23|
|Printing of “Provisional Seat Allotment Letter”||17/07/23||19/07/23|
|Reporting to Allotted Institutions for joining, verification of documents and payment ofbalance fee (if any)||20/07/23||24/07/23|
|Display of Open House Counselling Schedule, if required||27/07/23||27/07/23|
|Open House Counselling / Spot Counselling||28/07/23||31/07/23|
|Educational Qualification||Pass in 12th Class of 10+2 pattern of CBSE or equivalent with a minimumaggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics providedcandidate has passed in each subject separately. Candidate must additionallyhave passed English as a subject of study (core/ elective/ functional) in thequalifying examination.|
|Minimum Marks Required||Minimum aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics provided candidate has passed in each subject separatelyORPassed minimum 3 years Diploma Examination with at least 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) subject to vacancies in the First Year, in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.|
|Age Limit||There is no age limit for admission to B.Tech courses|
|B.Tech Entrance Exam Qualification||All applicants are required to appear in Joint Entrance Exam (JEE Main)Paper1 Conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA)|
The registration process for IPU B.Tech counselling is done online through the university's official website. Candidates who have qualified for the entrance exam and meet the eligibility criteria can register for the counselling procedure by doing the following steps:
- Visit the official website of IPU B.Tech counselling (http://https://ipu.admissions.nic).
- Click on the link for registration.
- Enter the required personal details such as name, date of birth, category, etc.
- Upload the scanned copies of the necessary documents, including the mark sheet and admit card of the entrance exam.
- Pay the counselling fee, which is non-refundable.
- Submit the application form and take a printout of the same for future reference.
Counselling & Registration Fee (Non Refundable)
Enrollment for Centralized Online Counselling Process
- After paying the Counselling Participation Fee, candidates must enroll themselves within the specified period on the admission website.
- During registration, candidates have entered their program code, personal, academic, and contact details and obtained a login ID and password.
- Candidates must keep their password confidential to avoid misuse, and they can change it if necessary using the "Change Password" menu.
- If a candidate has problems with online enrollment, they should report to the University's Helpdesk with proof of registration fee payment before the end of the enrollment period.
- Candidates can amend/edit their registration details by choosing the "Edit Details" option within the specified enrollment period.
- It is advised that candidates check all filled-in details before printing out the registration form and proof of enrollment.
- All candidates must take a printout or screenshot of the registration form and proof of enrollment. The document verification process will be carried out online based on the information provided and updated by the candidate until the enrollment period.
- Choice filling is mandatory for seat allotment. Candidates who don't fill in their preferences won't be considered for online allotment of seats.
- After enrolling for online counselling, candidates must fill in their choices for allotment from the list of all possible combinations of institutes and courses available, in the order of their preference during the choice filling period.
- Once the period for filling choices is over, the choices filled by the candidate will be used for seat allotment.
- It is advisable for candidates to fill in the maximum number of choices as it increases their chances of getting a desirable seat.
Allocation Of Seats in Every Round
- After the choice filling period, all choices/preferences filled by the candidate will be considered for online allotment of seat as per merit and respective category and region.
- Candidates who have not enrolled or paid the counselling participation fee or not filled choices/preferences or have not paid the part academic fees of Rs 60,000/- after seat allotment will not be considered for allotment of seat.
- Results will be available for the candidate to check through their account login given during the registration process. No personal intimation will be communicated to the candidate in person.
- If a seat is allotted to a candidate, they can print a Provisional Allotment Letter within the specified period for that round.
- The option of printing the Provisional Allotment Letter will be available only for the respective round and not in subsequent rounds of online counselling.
- After seat allotment, candidates will have to pay the part Academic Fee of Rs 60,000/- to confirm the allotment and participate in subsequent rounds of counselling, failing which, the candidate will lose any claim to the allotted seat.
- Candidates can pay the admission fee against the provisionally allotted seat through online options, including Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Candidates can print the Academic Fee Receipt immediately after payment of part Academic Fee of Rs 60,000/-.
- The option of printing the Academic fee receipt will be available only for the respective round within the specified period and not in subsequent rounds of online counselling.
Option Of Freeze/Float
- After every round of counselling, candidates have the option to freeze or float their allotted seat.
- If a candidate is satisfied with the seat allotted to him/her and does not want to participate in subsequent rounds of counselling for upgradation, he/she can choose to freeze the seat.
- To freeze the allotted seat, the candidate needs to click on the freeze option available in his/her account on the counselling website within the specified time period.
- If the candidate wants to upgrade his/her choice by participating in the next round of counselling as per his/her filled choices, he/she should choose the float option.
- Choosing the float option allows the candidate to participate in the next round of counselling and his/her allotted seat will be retained if the candidate is not able to get a higher choice.
- The float option gives the candidate the chance to participate in subsequent rounds of counselling without losing the allotted seat.
- It is important to note that candidates who choose to float their allotted seat are not guaranteed a better seat in the subsequent rounds of counselling.
- Candidates should carefully consider their options and choose the freeze or float option based on their preferences and circumstances.
- The choice of freeze or float must be made within the specified time period, and once made, cannot be changed.
Last Round Of Seat Allotment
- In the last round of online centralized counselling, the reserved category seats will be allotted first. If there are still vacant seats after exhausting the merit list of reserved category candidates, the category-wise seats shall be converted to unreserved category.
- The region-wise seats will not be converted to All India Region unless the complete merit list in that particular region has been exhausted. The vacant seats in the region shall be offered to the candidates in the same region till the merit is exhausted.
- Only candidates who have paid the Part Academic Fees of INR 60000/-, have not frozen their allotment, and have not withdrawn as per the procedure notified shall be eligible for the sliding round of online counselling.
- During the sliding round, the preferences already entered shall be utilized for allotment of vacant seats. The reserved category seats either would have been offered to the reserved category candidates or would have got converted to unreserved category. The vacant seats shall be offered to the candidates as per their merit and preferences.
Sliding Of Allotted Seats
- Sliding round is a process of seat allotment for those candidates who have already been allotted a seat but wish to upgrade to a higher preference.
- Only candidates who have paid the part academic fee of Rs. 60000/- and did not withdraw or freeze their allotted seat by following the due procedure of the University are eligible for this round.
- Candidates who were not allotted any seat until round 03 and have been allotted a seat in the sliding round based on the merit-cum-choice principle will have to submit the part academic fee of Rs. 60000/-.
- The sliding round will consider the preferences already entered by the candidates in the online counselling system based on the merit of their Common Entrance Test (CET) scores.
- Candidates who have paid the Part Academic Fees but do not wish to participate in the sliding round must freeze their allotment.
- After the sliding round, the allocated candidates must report to the allotted institutions for document verification and payment of the balance amount of fees (if any).
Reporting of Candidates to the Allotted Institutes
- After the sliding round of online seat allotment, candidates who have been allotted a seat or upgraded to a higher choice can generate a Provisional Admission Slip with an Enrollment number if they have paid the Part Academic Fee of Rs 60,000/-.
- Candidates must report to and join their allotted college/institute with the Provisional Allotment Letter, the Academic Fee Receipt, and necessary records for document verification, along with the Admission Slip, as per the schedule notified on the website.
- All admissions in the University shall be provisional until they are regularized by the University.
- Candidates who report to the allotted institutions and are reflected in the list submitted by the institutions as reported/admitted shall be called "admitted students." If they wish to withdraw or cancel their admission, they must apply as per the University's refund policy.
- Upgraded candidates must pay the balance academic fee (if any) at the newly allotted college/institute/University School. The balance fee paid by such candidates in their previously allotted/reported college/institute shall be refunded to them by the respective college/institute at the earliest.
- Eligible candidates who wish to participate in the Spot Counselling must pay a counselling participation fee of INR 500/- for each round of counselling.
- Spot counselling is done for vacancies remaining after reporting of allocated candidates to Schools of Studies/Colleges/institutions allotted and arising during the process of Spot Counselling.
- The vacant seats left after reporting/admission of candidates to institutions only shall be considered for filling in the spot counselling.
- CET qualified candidates who have not taken admission in the rounds of Online counselling will be eligible to participate in the spot counselling, against the available vacant seat (if any).
- Candidates who are allotted seats in rounds of online counselling and have paid the part Academic Fee of Rs 60,000/- to confirm admission in any institute/ college and have also reported to the concerned University School of Study / college / institutions will be treated as "admitted" at the time of Spot Counselling. Such candidates, if they desire to participate in the "Spot in the “Spot Counselling” shall be required to pay a transfer fees of INR 5000/-.
It is recommended to carry both original and photocopies of the documents mentioned below to the counselling process. However, the exact list of required documents may vary based on the university's regulations.
- Admit Card of JEE Main
- Rank Card of JEE Main
- Class 10th mark sheet and passing certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet and passing certificate
- Character Certificate from the last attended school
- Transfer Certificate from the last attended school
- Reservation category certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Aadhaar Card or any other government-issued ID proof
- Passport-sized photographs (recent)
- IPU B.Tech 2023 registration slip
- Admission slip
- Provisional allotment letter
- Academic fee receipt
|Sr. No||College Name||Location||Seat Intake||Institute Type||1st Year Fees||Established Year|
|1||Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology||Rohini, Delhi||600||Private||Rs. 1,69,200||2007|
|2||Bharati Vidyapeeth's College of Engineering||Paschim Vihar, New Delhi||540|
|3||BM Institute of Engineering & Technology (Jain Minority Institution)||Sonepat, Haryana||150||Rs. 1,20,700|
|4||Delhi Institute of Technology & Management (Sikh Minority Institute)||Sonepat, Haryana||210|
|5||Delhi Technical Campus||Greater Noida||300|
|6||Dr. Akhilesh Das Gupta Institute of Technology & Management||Shastri Park, New Delhi||840|
|7||Greater Noida Institute of Technology||Greater Noida||210||Rs. 1,49,400|
|8||Guru Teg Bahadur Institute of Technology, (Sikh Minority Institute)||Rajouri Garden, Delhi||600|
|9||HMR Institute of Technology & Management||Hameedpur, Delhi||480|
|10||JIMS Engineering Management Technical Campus||Greater Noida||300|
|11||Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology||Rohini, Delhi||1140|
|12||Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology||Janakpuri, New Delhi||660|
|13||Mahavir Swami Institute of Technology (Jain Minority Institution)||Sonepat, Haryana||270|
|14||Trinity Institute of Innovations in Professional Studies||Greater Noida||168|
|15||University School of Chemical Technology||Dwarka, New Delhi||90|
|16||University School of Information & Communication Technology||Dwarka, New Delhi||219|
|17||Shri. Balwant Institute of Technology (Jain Minority Educational Institution)||Sonepat, Haryana||210|
|18||Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies||Pitampura, New Delhi||420|
|19||University School of Automation & Robotics||Surajmal Vihar, Delhi||528|
|20||Guru Teg Bahadur Institute of Technology 4th Centenary Engineering College||Rajouri Garden, New Delhi||120|
Please note that the tuition fees mentioned above are subject to change and you should verify the latest fees with the Engineering Admission Consultant.
JEE Main Rank Predictor
JEE Main is a highly competitive exam, and students anticipate their results with bated breath. However, predicting their ranking based on their performance can be difficult. We have developed JEE Main Rank Predictor, to assist students in predicting their rank. This tool estimates the student's rank based on their exam performance and statistics from the previous year. The predictor is simple to use and delivers an accurate estimate, which might assist students in deciding which universities to apply to.
JEE Advanced Rank Predictor
JEE Advanced is India's most coveted engineering admission exam, and candidates who pass it eagerly anticipate their rank. However, the competition is fierce, and predicting one's rank based on performance can be difficult. Our JEE Advanced Rank Predictor, have been developed to assist students in predicting their rank. The predictor estimates the student's rank based on their exam performance and data from the previous year. Based on their ranking, the predictor can assist students determine which colleges to apply to.
JEE Main College Predictor
Students are anxious to learn which colleges they can apply to depending on their JEE Main percentile. JEE Main College Predictor, can assist students in predicting which institutions they will be admitted to based on their rank. The predictor estimates which colleges students can apply to based on their exam performance and data from the previous year. Based on their ranking and preferences, the predictor can assist students in narrowing down their college options.
JEE Advanced College Predictor
JEE Advanced is a highly competitive exam, and students who pass it have several alternatives for colleges to pick from. However, deciding which institution to apply to based on their rank and preferences can be difficult. The JEE Advanced College Predictor can assist students predict which colleges they will be admitted to based on their JEE Advanced percentile.
Furthermore, JOSAA counsellor are subject matter specialists that can assist students in making the best decisions when picking a college based on their rank and preferences. Together, the predictor and counsellor can assist students in making educated college selection judgements.
IPU B.Tech counselling is a crucial process for students seeking admission to engineering courses in various participating institutes under the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). The counselling process is conducted based on the rank secured by the candidates in the engineering entrance exam, which serves as the basis for interlinking the admission process. The admission process involves document verification, seat allocation, and fee payment, among other important steps. It is important for candidates to be aware of the participating institutes, documents required, and eligibility criteria to avoid any last-minute confusion. By following the counselling process diligently, candidates can secure admission to their preferred institute and course.
Q.What is IPU B.Tech counselling?
A.IPU B.Tech counselling is the process through which eligible candidates are offered admission to B.Tech courses offered by various institutes affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU).
Q. How is the counselling process conducted?
A. The counselling process is conducted online through the official website of GGSIPU. Candidates are required to register online, fill in their choices, and participate in the seat allotment process.
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for IPU B.Tech counselling?
A. Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, and have obtained a minimum of 55% aggregate marks are eligible to apply for IPU B.Tech counselling.
Q. What are the documents required for IPU B.Tech counselling?
A. The documents required for IPU B.Tech counselling include Class 10th and 12th mark sheets, category certificate (if applicable), Admit card and Scorecard of CET exam, and other relevant certificates.
Q. What is the counselling fee for IPU B.Tech counselling?
A. The counselling fee for IPU B.Tech counselling is INR 1000 for all categories.
Q. How is the seat allotment done in IPU B.Tech counselling?
A. The seat allotment in IPU B.Tech counselling is done based on the candidate's rank, choices filled by the candidate, and availability of seats.
Q. What is the duration of IPU B.Tech counselling?
A. The duration of IPU B.Tech counselling varies each year, but it usually lasts for 1-2 months.
Q. Can a candidate withdraw from the IPU B.Tech counselling process?
A. Yes, a candidate can withdraw from the counselling process by submitting a request for the same. However, the counselling fee is non-refundable.
Q. Can a candidate participate in spot counselling if they haven't participated in the regular counselling?
A. Yes, candidates who haven't participated in the regular counselling can participate in the spot counselling, provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
Q. Can I change my preference order during the IPU B.Tech counselling process?
A. Yes, candidates can change their preference order during the counselling process. However, once the candidate is allotted a seat, no further changes can be made.
Q. What happens if I miss a IPU B.Tech counselling session?
A. If a candidate misses a counselling session, they will not be able to participate in that round of counselling. However, they can participate in the subsequent rounds of counselling, subject to the availability of seats.
Q. How many rounds of counselling are conducted for IPU B.Tech admissions?
A. The number of rounds of counselling for IPU B.Tech admissions varies from year to year. However, the university generally conducts 3-4 rounds of counselling.