JAC Chandigarh Counselling is the admission process for undergraduate engineering programmes in the Joint Admission Committee (JAC) Chandigarh participating colleges. JAC Chandigarh is an admission committee formed to conduct admissions to several government and private colleges in Chandigarh that offer B.Tech and B.Arch programmes.
JAC Chandigarh Counselling
Get the best Engineering College according to your JEE Main Rank,through JAC Chandigarh Counselling.
Candidates who have passed the JEE Main exam are eligible to take part in the counselling procedure. Candidates must register online and select colleges and courses based on their preferences.
The counselling procedure is divided into several stages, including registration, choice selection, seat assignment, and reporting to the designated institute. Seats are assigned depending on the merit of the candidates, the choices they make, and the availability of seats.
Chandigarh JAC Counselling is an important part of the admissions process for B.Tech at various colleges in Chandigarh. Candidates should stay up to speed on the counselling schedule and guidelines in order to acquire a seat in their selected college and degree.
Some of the top Engineering Colleges in India that are affiliated with JAC Chandigarh include University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET), and Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology (CCET), among others. These colleges offer a diverse range of engineering courses and opportunities for students to excel in their chosen fields, making them a popular choice among engineering aspirants.
|Counselling Name||JAC Chandigarh Counselling|
|Conducting Body||Joint Admission Committee, Chandigarh|
|Counselling Level||State Level|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, B.Arch|
|Participating Institutes||4 Engineering Colleges and 1 Architecture College|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Registration Fee||INR 2800/- for GeneralINR 1400- for C/ST/PwD|
|Number of Rounds||3 to 4|
|Documents Required||JEE Main Scorecard, Class 10 and 12 Mark Sheet, Category Certificate (if applicable), Provisional Seat Allotment Letter, Counselling Fee Payment Receipt, Photo ID Proof|
|Seat Allotment||Based on JEE Main Rank and Choice Filling|
|Seat Reservation||As per Chandigarh Administration norms|
|Withdrawal of Allotted Seat||Permitted till the last round of counselling|
|Reporting to Allotted Institute||Within the given time period after seat allotment and fee payment|
|Spot Counselling||Conducted only if there are vacant seats after regular counselling rounds|
The counselling schedule for JAC Chandigarh Counselling also include multiple rounds of counselling, spot counselling, and document verification rounds. The counselling schedule for JAC Chandigarh Counselling may vary each year. However, the counselling schedule for JAC Chandigarh follows the below-mentioned process:
|Registration process commences||To Be Announced|
|Last date for generation of filled Bank Challan||To Be Announced|
|Last date for depositing fee in the SBI Bank using Bank Challan||To Be Announced|
|Last date to Complete online registration process||To Be Announced|
|Opening of Correction Window||To Be Announced|
|Document Verification Process||To Be Announced|
|Display of Tentative eligibility status of Sports Category applicants||To Be Announced|
|Removal of Objection/s (if any)||To Be Announced|
|Revised List of Eligible Sports Category applicants||To Be Announced|
|Sports Trial for Punjab University Sports Category Candidates The eligible candidates are required to appear for the Sports Trial. The candidates should appear in proper sports kit along with their games equipment if any||To Be Announced|
|Display of final list of Eligible candidates for filling of choices (only for reserved categories including Sports Category)||To Be Announced|
1st Round of Counselling
|Choice filling||To Be Announced|
|Result of Mock Counselling||To Be Announced|
|Locking of Choices by the candidates||To Be Announced|
|First round of seat allotment||To Be Announced|
|Submission of Online fee and Willingness to participate in subsequent rounds||To Be Announced|
|Withdrawal after First round of seat allotment||To Be Announced|
2nd Round of Counselling
|Choice submission and locking for 2nd round||To Be Announced|
|Second round of seat allotment||To Be Announced|
|Submission of Online fee and Willingness to participate in subsequent rounds||To Be Announced|
|Withdrawal after 2nd round of seat allotment||To Be Announced|
3rd Round of Counselling
|Choice submission and locking for 3rd round||To Be Announced|
|Third round of seat allotment||To Be Announced|
|Submission of Online fee||To Be Announced|
|Withdrawal after Third round of seat allotment||To Be Announced|
|Physical reporting, Documents verification and payment of balance fee (wherever applicable) for all admitted candidates||To Be Announced|
Special Round of Counselling
|Display of vacant seats for Special Round||To Be Announced|
|Registration process for Special Round commences (for candidates not registered earlier)||To Be Announced|
|Last date for generation of filled Bank Challan||To Be Announced|
|Last date for depositing registration fee in the SBI Bank using Bank Challan||To Be Announced|
|Last date for online registration and registration fee submission (Fresh candidates)||To Be Announced|
|Opening of Correction Window (for fresh as well as earlier registered candidates)||To Be Announced|
Special Round Fee Details
|Fresh General/ General-EWS/BC/Other Candidates||Registration Fee 2800/- (To be deposited during registration) & Participation Fee 40,000/- (To be deposited during choice submission)|
|Fresh SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Registration Fee 1400/- (To be deposited during registration) & Participation Fee 40,000/- (To be deposited during choice submission)|
|Candidates who have already paid the seat acceptance fee||Nil|
|Candidates who have not paid the seat acceptance fee||40,000 (To be deposited during choice submission)|
|Provisionally admitted candidates||Nil|
Schedule of Online Document Verification
Schedule of Online Document Verification of Registered Candidates in for all categories for Admission to BE Course
|All Reserve Categories (BC, EWS, General EWS, Kashmiri Migrants, Terrorist Riot|
Victims, Kargil Martyrs, Persons with Disability (PwD), Freedom Fighter, Defence, One Girl Child out of the only two Girl Children, Border Area, Rural Area, Cancer, Aids, Thalassemia patients, Sports)
|To Be Announced|
|Sports Trial for Panjab University Sports Category Candidates The eligible candidates are required to appear for the Sports Trial. The candidates should appear in proper sports kit along with their games equipment if any||To Be Announced|
|Display of final list of Eligible candidates for filling of choices in Special Round (only for reserved categories including Sports Category)||To Be Announced|
|Special Round participation fee submission, choice submission and locking (candidates who have not deposited seat acceptance fee or who are not allotted seat upto 3rd round or who registered fresh in Special Round are required to pay online Special Round participation fee of ₹40,000/-)||To Be Announced|
|Special Round of seat allotment||To Be Announced|
|Withdrawal after Special Round Allotment||To Be Announced|
Spot Round of Counselling
|Display of List of vacant seats||To Be Announced|
|Spot Round participation fee submission, choice submission and locking (candidates who have not deposited seat acceptance fee or who are not allotted seat in any previous round are required to pay online Spot Round participation fee of ₹40,000/-)||To Be Announced|
|Spot Round Seat allotment||To Be Announced|
The eligibility criteria vary for different categories of candidates. Candidates should carefully go through the eligibility criteria before applying for JAC Chandigarh Counselling. Below is a table highlighting the eligibility criteria for JAC Chandigarh Counselling for B.tech courses.
|Age||Not more than 25 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission|
|Academic Qualification||Only those candidates are eligible who have passed class 12th in the above subjects taken together or passed 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject|
|Minimum Marks||Minimum 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination|
|JEE Main Score||Must have appeared in JEE Main and secured a valid score|
|Domicile||Must satisfy the domicile requirements of Chandigarh/ Punjab/ Haryana as applicable|
The JAC Chandigarh Counselling process for B.Tech admissions includes online registration, document verification, choice filling and locking, seat allotment, and reporting to the allotted institute.
- Eligible candidates visit https://chdenggadmissions.nic.in or https://jacchd.admissions.nic.in and fill the online registration form.
- Candidates authenticate themselves by providing JEE (Main 2024) Application No., Name, Mother’s Name, and Date of Birth.
- After successful authentication, candidates create login credentials (JEE Main Application No. as login id and a password).
- Candidates enter contact information (Email id and Mobile number).
- Candidates fill in the online registration form and upload relevant documents (Category, Sub-category, Total marks obtained in various subjects of qualifying examination, and place of the school).
- After submitting the registration form, candidates pay a one-time Registration Fee (Non-Refundable) through Debit Card/ Credit Card/Internet banking/e-Challan.
- Document Verification
- Document verification is mandatory for candidates belonging to certain categories/quotas before choice filling.
- The categories/quotas include Chandigarh Quota, SC, ST, EW, BC, PwD, FF, KM, RV, SG, CA, AP, TP, KA, EWS, RA, BA, Defence, and SP.
- Candidates who want to avail the benefit of any of these categories should upload their category certificates for document verification before the last date of registration.
- Candidates are required to upload one set of self-attested photocopies of all supporting documents/certificates/affidavits during online registration.
- After document verification, candidates will not be allowed to make any changes.
- Failure to upload the supporting document of a particular category will debar the candidate for that particular category.
- Candidates who do not upload the documents for Document Verification or are found ineligible for reserved category, will not be considered for counselling in the specified reserved categories.
- Online Choice Filling
- All registered candidates must submit their preferred Institute and Branch in order of preference.
- Candidates who are eligible for Engineering streams must submit a single set of combined choices.
- Candidates can submit as many choices as they wish from the available options.
- Candidates can change, re-order, delete earlier choices and add new choices as many times as they wish until they lock their final set of choices.
- Seat Allotment
- During seat allotment, choices submitted by candidates will be processed centrally and seats will be allotted.
- The result of seat allotment will be published on the website and communicated through SMS to successful candidates.
- Candidates who are allotted a seat for the first time in any of the first three rounds and First Special Round of Counselling, are required to pay the admission fee of Rs. 40,000 online and submit online the choice of Willingness for upgradation for the subsequent rounds of Counselling except for the Second Special Round of Counselling.
- Online Provisional Admission letter will be generated after completion of payment of fee and submission of choice of willingness for upgradation.
- Candidates whose fee payment status is confirmed on JAC portal in candidate’s profile will be treated as successfully reported candidates against allotted seats.
- Candidates who get seat allotment for the first time in any of the first three rounds and in the First Special Round but subsequently do not pay the fee, their allotted seat will be cancelled automatically and will not be considered for subsequent rounds of Counselling except for the Second Special Round of Counselling.
- Candidates who are offered a seat under different category shall be considered for allotment in General Category in subsequent rounds subject to his/her eligibility and also the availability of vacant seats.
- For candidates eligible in Sports or/and Defence seats, the choices related to Sports/Defence seats will be processed based on Sports/Defence Rank. The best available option will finally be allotted to the candidate.
- Candidates who withdraw their provisional admission will not be considered for subsequent rounds of Counselling except for the Second Special Round of Counselling.
- Physical Reporting
- All candidates who paid the admission fee after seat allotment must physically report to complete the admission process and attend classes.
- If candidates do not report physically as per the counseling schedule, their allotted seats in the First, Second, Third Round, and First Special Round of Counseling will stand canceled automatically.
Counselling Registration Fee
Counselling registration fee is the amount paid by candidates to participate in the counselling process for admission into various courses. The fee is non-refundable and is to be paid online through Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking/e-Challan. The fee amount varies depending on the category of the candidate.
Candidates can pay the fee using any of the online payment modes mentioned above. Once the payment is successful, candidates can proceed with the choice filling and locking process. It is important to note that the fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
After the completion of the First Special Round of Counselling or the Second Special Round of Counselling, all candidates who have been assigned a seat must physically report to the assigned institute for document verification.
On the day of Physical Reporting, candidates must present their original documents as well as a set of photocopies.
- JEE (Main)-2022 Result Card.
- Detailed Marks Sheet of Class 12th.
- Class X Certificate for Date of birth.
- Character Certificate from the last attended institute.
- Migration/Transfer Certificate from candidates who have appeared for 12th or equivalent examination from the concerned BOARD.
- Gap Year Affidavit is required from the candidates who have appeared for the 12th exam earlier than the year 2024.
- Certificate from the institution where the candidate has already taken admission.
In addition to the documents mentioned above for the General Category, candidates applying under any of the reserved categories must upload the required documents in the format available on the website (https://jacchd.admissions.nic.in/certificate-format/) in support of their claim for the respective category.
|Sr. No||College Name||Location||Seat Intake||Institute Type||Fees (annually)||Established Year|
|1||Dr. S. S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology(Dr. SSBUICET)||Chandigarh||119||Government||Rs. 22,085||1958|
|2||University Institute of Engineering &Technology (UIET)||Chandigarh||693||Government||Rs. 81,447||2002|
|3||University Institute of Engineering &Technology, (UIET, PUSSGRC)||Bajwara, Hoshiarpur||312||Government||Rs. 87,775||2006|
|4||Chandigarh College of Engineering &Technology (CCET)||Chandigarh||300||Private||Rs. 1,02,000||2002|
Please note that the tuition fees mentioned above are subject to change and you should verify the latest fees with the engineering admission consultant.
JEE Main Rank Predictor
JEE Main is a highly competitive exam, and students anticipate their results with bated breath. However, predicting their ranking based on their performance can be difficult. We have developed JEE Main Rank Predictor, to assist students in predicting their rank. This tool estimates the student's rank based on their exam performance and statistics from the previous year. The predictor is simple to use and delivers an accurate estimate, which might assist students in deciding which universities to apply to.
JEE Advanced Rank Predictor
JEE Advanced is India's most coveted engineering admission exam, and candidates who pass it eagerly anticipate their rank. However, the competition is fierce, and predicting one's rank based on performance can be difficult. Our JEE Advanced Rank Predictor, have been developed to assist students in predicting their rank. The predictor estimates the student's rank based on their exam performance and data from the previous year. Based on their ranking, the predictor can assist students determine which colleges to apply to.
JEE Main College Predictor
Students are anxious to learn which colleges they can apply to depending on their JEE Main percentile. JEE Main College Predictor, can assist students in predicting which institutions they will be admitted to based on their rank. The predictor estimates which colleges students can apply to based on their exam performance and data from the previous year. Based on their ranking and preferences, the predictor can assist students in narrowing down their college options.
JEE Advanced College Predictor
JEE Advanced is a highly competitive exam, and students who pass it have several alternatives for colleges to pick from. However, deciding which institution to apply to based on their rank and preferences can be difficult. The JEE Advanced College Predictor can assist students predict which colleges they will be admitted to based on their JEE Advanced percentile.
Furthermore, JOSAA counsellor are subject matter specialists that can assist students in making the best decisions when picking a college based on their rank and preferences. Together, the predictor and counsellor can assist students in making educated college selection judgements.
JAC Chandigarh Counselling is a centralized counselling process for admission to various engineering courses offered by participating institutes in Chandigarh. The counselling is conducted based on the scores obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main, which is a national-level engineering entrance exam, and the qualifying exam for JEE Advanced.
JAC Chandigarh Counselling is a crucial step for candidates who wish to pursue engineering courses in Chandigarh, and they must follow the counselling process to secure admission to their desired course and institute.
The JAC process is transparent, efficient, and aims to provide equal opportunities to all eligible candidates. The provision for multiple rounds of counselling and the option to modify choices until locking the final set of choices gives flexibility to the candidates to make informed decisions.
Q.What is JAC Chandigarh Counselling?
JAC Chandigarh Counselling is a centralized counselling process conducted by the Joint Admission Committee, Chandigarh for admission to various undergraduate engineering and architecture programs offered by participating institutes.
Q. How can I register for JAC Chandigarh Counselling?
A. Candidates can register for JAC Chandigarh Counselling online by visiting the official website https://chdenggadmissions.nic.in or https://jacchd.admissions.nic.in and filling the registration form.
Q. Is there an application fee for JAC Chandigarh Counselling?
A. Yes, there is a registration fee for JAC Chandigarh Counselling. The fee amount for general category is Rs. 2800 & for reserved category is Rs. 1400.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria for JAC Chandigarh Counselling?
A. Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination with at least 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject.
Q. Can I participate in JAC Chandigarh Counselling even if I am not from Chandigarh?
A. Yes, candidates from all states can participate in JAC Chandigarh Counselling.
Q. How are the seat allotments made in JAC Chandigarh Counselling?
A. The seat allotments in JAC Chandigarh Counselling are made based on the candidate's rank in the merit list and the choices filled by the candidate during the counselling process.
Q. Can I change my choices after the submission of the JAC Chandigarh Counselling application form?
A. Yes, candidates can change their choices any number of times until they lock their final set of choices.
Q. What documents do I need to carry for JAC Chandigarh Counselling?
A. Candidates need to carry their original documents for verification purposes, including JEE Main, class 10th and 12th mark sheets, character certificate, and category certificate, if applicable.
Q. Is there any reservation policy for JAC Chandigarh Counselling?
A. Yes, there is a reservation policy for JAC Chandigarh Counselling as per the norms set by the Government of India.
Q. Can I withdraw my provisional admission after the seat allotment in JAC Chandigarh Counselling?
A. Yes, candidates can withdraw their provisional admission before the final round of counselling.
Q. How can I pay the admission fee for JAC Chandigarh Counselling?
A. Candidates can pay the admission fee online through debit card, credit card, internet banking, or e-challan.
Q. Is there any physical reporting required for JAC Chandigarh Counselling?
A. Yes, candidates who have paid the admission fee after seat allotment will have to physically report to complete the admission process and attend the classes.