JKCET stands for the Jammu Kashmir Common Entrance Test, which is held in the last week of April by the J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE). The Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) is a paper-and-pencil exam.
Seeking Information on JKCET Engineering Entrance Exams?
Submit Your Details Now!
|Register for FREE Counselling|
10 Minutes Free Session
JKCETSeeking Information on JKCET Engineering Entrance Exams?
Submit Your Details Now!
Register for FREE Counselling
The Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) is held for admission to B.E./B. Tech courses in Jammu and Kashmir’s government and private colleges such as BE and B. Tech courses in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics, and Communication Engineering, and others.
JKCET 2023 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Jammu Kashmir Common Entrance Test 2023|
|Short Exam Name||JKCET 2023|
|Conducting Body||J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE)|
|Frequency of Conduct|
|Application Fees||Rs. 1200/-|
|No. of papers||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
JKCET 2023 Exam Dates
|Date of commencement of registration||February 2023|
|Last date to submit the Application Form||March 2023|
|Date of Issuance of Admit Card||April 2023|
|JKCET 2023 exam date||April 2023|
|Display of provisional Answer Key||May 2023|
|Merit List||May 2023|
|Declaration of JKCET Result||May 2023|
|Last date for admission of CET Courses||May 2023|
|Last date of joining for the Mop-up round||August 2023|
|Completion of the admission process||August 2023|
JKCET 2023 Syllabus
|Mathematics||Sets, Relations And Functions Complex Number; Linear Inequation; Linear ProgrammingSequence And Series, Permutation And Combination & Binomial TheoremTrigonometric And Inverse Trigonometry FunctionsMatrices And DeterminantsLimit, Continuity And Differentiation Integration And Differential Equations Straight Lines And Conic SectionsStatistics And ProbabilityVectors And Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Chemistry||Chemical Arithmetic & Atomic StructureChemical EquilibriumChemical Kinetics SolutionsChemical Thermodynamics Redox Reactions And ElectrochemistrySolid State & States Of Matter Surface Chemistry Periodic PropertiesChemical Bonding And Molecular StructureChemistry Of Representative Elements:Transition Elements Including LanthanoidesCo-Ordination Chemistry Nomenclature And Basic Concepts In Organic Chemistry HydrocarbonsOrganic Chemistry Based On Functional Group-I : Organic Chemistry Based On Function Group-IiOrganic Chemistry Based On Functional Group-IiiMolecules Of LifePolymers|
|Physics||Physics And MeasurementKinematicsLaws Of MotionWork, Energy And PowerRotational MotionGravitationProperties Of Solids And LiquidThermodynamicsOscillations And WavesElectrostaticsCurrrentelectricityMagneticeppects Of Current And MagnetismCommunication SystemsDual Nature Of Matter And RadiationOpticsElectromagnetic Induction|
JKCET 2023 Application Fee
|For All Categories||Rs. 1200/-|
JKCET 2023 Eligibility
The candidates applying for admission to B.E./B.Tech. Engineering Courses must fulfill the following eligibility conditions namely:
A candidate must:
- Have a Domicile certificate of UT of J&K or ST certificate issued by the competent Authority of UT of Ladakh and be treated as a Domicile certificate of UT of Ladakh
- Have passed Hr. Sec. Part-II (12th/10+2) or an equivalent examination from a recognized statutory Board/University;
- Have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as compulsory subjects having 45% marks for Open Merit Category candidates, including the Children of Defence Personnel, Children of Para-Military Forces, Children of Police Personnel of UT of J&K/Ladakh and candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in Sports and 40% marks for the reserved category candidates belonging to SC/ST/PSP/IB and other Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (RBA/ALC/OSC);
- The candidates appearing/ appeared in 10+2 (12th Class) annual examination 2022 can also apply to appear in CET-2022, provided such candidates have qualified the examination at the time of declaration of the result/at the date of counseling as may be notified by the Board. Their CET result shall remain withheld unless they produce the necessary certificate of qualifying for the 10+2 (12th Class) examination;
- The candidates applying under the TFW category are open merit candidates. They must fulfill eligibility conditions meant for open-merit candidates.
JKCET 2023 APPLICATION FORM
- The Application Forms have to be submitted online only through the BOPEE websites www.jkbopee.gov.in/jakbopee.org within the prescribed date to be notified separately.
- The payment of Rs. 1200/- (Rupees one thousand two hundred only) as a fee is to be made online through “Integrated Payment Gateway” with the help of any National Credit Card/Debit Card/facility.
- Candidates (both open merit and reserved category) must submit online application forms by the deadline specified in the admission notification.
- Candidates can make changes to their online application form at any time before submitting it. The form’s entries cannot be changed once it has been submitted.
Online Form Submission Process
- Visit the BOPEE website www.jkbopee.gov.in and click on the link/button “Click to Apply” under the heading Online Applications and section Common Entrance Test on the home page displayed to you.
- Make a payment of Rs. 1200/- as a fee is to be made online through “Integrated Payment Gateway” with the help of any National Credit Card/Debit Card/facility.
- Insert your personal details and upload images with all the relevant documents.
- Click Submit and download the application for further processing.
- No candidate will be permitted to enter the Examination Centre/venue unless they have a valid Admit Card in original form.
- Candidates are advised to print their Admit Cards on photo paper from the BOPEE official website (www.jkbopee.gov.in).
- The admit card can be downloaded within the time frame specified by the Board.
- After the Entrance Test, the answer key will be uploaded to the BOPEE website on the evening of the date of the B.E/B Tech Common Entrance Examination and will be available for three days.
- Candidates who find any discrepancy in the Question Paper and Answer Key may submit a representation along with proper proof from a standard text book in the BOPEE’s office in Srinagar or Jammu within three working days after the test, accompanied by a payment receipt of Rs. 1000/- per representation per paper paid.
- The revised key, if any, will be posted on the BOPEE’s website, and no further complaints will be accepted.
Subject to the qualifying Benchmark set by the Board, allotment of seats shall be made on the basis of merit cum preference and reservation rules in vogue as amended from time to time, applicable for the course, through a counselling process detailed as follows.
- Counselling For Allotment Of Discipline/Institution
- Online Counselling
- Physical Counselling
- Upgradation/Allotment Round (2nd Round Of Counselling)
- Conversion Of Category Seats
- Final Round Of Counselling (Mopping Up Round)
PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE COUNSELLING
The following is the procedure for online counseling:
- Subject to the limits fixed by the Board, candidates who have qualified for the examination and figure in the Merit List shall be eligible to participate in the online counseling, provided they have submitted necessary documents online/offline as may be notified by the Board.
- Such candidates shall be required to fill in the online preference forms, as per the schedule as may be notified by the Board.
- The candidates shall be given time to conduct a mock exercise to fill in the online preferences.
- The candidates shall be required to pay an online counseling fee of Rs.1500/- to be eligible for consideration for allotment of the seat.
- Certificate of residence proof of domicile UT of J&K or Ladakh.
- Marks certificate of the qualifying examination issued by the concerned Board.
- Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate indicating Date of Birth.
- The category candidates claiming benefit of any reserved category including Sports, JKPM, CDP and TFW have to upload self-attested copy of their category certificate along with Online Application Form within the prescribed last date.
- Recent Photo, Scanned copy of the Signature and Thumb Impression.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can we fill the JKCET 2022 application form offline?
A. No, the JKCET 2022 application form can be accessed only through online mode.
Q. What is the exam pattern for JKCET?
A. JKCET is objectively based. 180 questions are asked, of which, 60 are from Physics, 60 from Mathematics, and 60 from Chemistry. +1 is rewarded for correct answers and -0.25 for wrong answers,
Q. What are the application fees?
A. The application fee is INR 1200.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria to apply for JKCET?
A. Aspirants should have passed the Class 12 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized Board or equivalent with 50% aggregate (40% for reserved category).
Q. Who conducts JKCET?
A. Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE) conducts the exam.