Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET) is a state-level entrance exam used to select applicants for engineering and pharmacy degrees at various universities across Maharashtra. Every year, the Maharashtra government admits students to undergraduate engineering, pharmacy, and agriculture programs such as B. Tech/B.E, D.Pharma, and B.Pharma through MHT CET.
Seeking Information on MHT-CET Engineering Entrance Exams?
Submit Your Details Now!
|Register for FREE Counselling|
10 Minutes Free Session
MHT-CETSeeking Information on MHT-CET Engineering Entrance Exams?
Submit Your Details Now!
Register for FREE Counselling
The Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell administers the exam each year. The MHT CET 2023 test consists of three question papers. Paper 1 is mathematics; Paper 2 is a combination of physics and chemistry; and Paper 3 is biology.
MHT CET HIGHLIGHTS
|Full Exam Name||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET)|
|Short Exam Name||MHT CET|
|Conducting Body||Government of Maharashtra|
|Frequency of Conduct||Annually|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||Rs. 800/- TO Rs. 600/-|
|Mode of Exam||Online CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Exam Duration||Paper 1 (90 minutes)Paper 2 (90 minutes)Paper 3 (90 minutes)|
MHT CET Dates
The Maharashtra CET Cell is yet to announce MHT CET 2023 exam dates. The tentative dates of the application form submission, admit card availability, and examination is given below.
|Online registration & Confirmation of Application Form on website||08th March, 2023 (Wednesday)To 07th April, 2023 (Friday)|
|Online registration & Confirmation of Application Form on website(with additional Late Fee of Rs. 500/- for all categories)||08th April, 2023 (Saturday) To15th April, 2023 (Saturday)|
|Payment – Only through Online mode||Upto 16th April, 2023 (Sunday)|
|Issue of Admit Card (through candidate login)||To be notified later|
|Date of the Examination(Group wise shifts will be announced later on.)||To be notified later|
|Centre of the Examination||As indicated in the Admit Card|
MHT CET EXAM SCHEDULE
|PCM & PCB||Shift 1||Shift 2|
|Entry in Examination Hall||7:30 AM||12:30 PM|
|Last entry permitted in the examination Hall.(No candidate will be permitted after 08:45 AM in the morning shift and 1.45 PM in the afternoon shift under any circumstances.)||8:45 AM||1:45 PM|
|First Login to read instructions||8:50 AM||1:50 PM|
|Commencement of Online Examination||9:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|End of Online Examination||12:00 PM||5:00 PM|
COMPUTER BASED TEST SCHEDULE (CBT)
|Type of Examination||Timings of Examination Papers|
|PCM Group||Morning shift – 09:00 AM To 12:00 AM orAfternoon shift – 02.00 PM to 05.00 PM|
|PCB Group||Morning shift – 09:00 AM To 12:00 AM orAfternoon shift – 02.00 PM to 05.00 PM|
MHT CET 2023 Syllabus
|Mathematics||Permutations and CombinationsStraight Line, CircleMeasures of DispersionTrigonometry IIComplex Numbers, FunctionsLimitsContinuity, Probability|
|Biology||Human Nutrition, Excretion and Osmoregulation, Respiration and Energy Transfer, Biomolecules|
|Chemistry||Some Basic concepts of chemistry, Chemical Bonding, Redox reactions Elements of groups 1 and 2Adsorption and colloids (Surface Chemistry) Structure of atomStates of Matter (Gaseous and Liquids)HydrocarbonsBasic principles of organic chemistry|
|Physics||Electrostatics Laws of Motion Motion in a planeGravitation SemiconductorsThermal properties of matter SoundOptics|
MHT CET Exam Pattern
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Examination|
|Exam Duration||PCM – 180 minutesPCB – 180 minutes|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Total Number of Questions||PCM – 150 QuestionsPCB – 200 Questions|
|Total Marks||PCM – 200 Marks PCB – 200 Marks|
MHT-CET 2023 will consist of 3 question papers of Multiple Choice questions (MCQ) and each paper will be of 100 marks. For details, check the table below:
|Paper||Subject||No. of Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ) based on||Mark(s)PerQuestion||TotalMarks||Durationin Minutes|
|Std. XI||Std. XII|
MHT CET 2023 Application Fees
Under no circumstances is the application fee refundable or transferable. If a candidate chooses only PCM or only PCB in the General Category, he or she must pay Rs. 800/- as an MHT CET 2023 examination fee, while a Reserve Category candidate from Maharashtra must pay Rs. 600/-. If a candidate chooses both groups, PCM and PCB, he or she must pay Rs.1,600/- as an MHT CET 2023 examination fee for the General Category and Rs.1,200 for the Reserve Category from the state of Maharashtra.
|Type of Candidates||Fees|
|For General category candidates from Maharashtra, Outside Maharashtra, J & K Migrant candidates||INR 800|
|For Candidates of Backward Class (SC/ST/OBC/SBC)and Persons with Disability (PwD) belonging to Maharashtra State||INR 600|
MHT CET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: Only Indian nationals are eligible.
Age limit: No Upper Age Limit
- Candidates must have completed the HSC/equivalent exam with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects, as well as one of the following subjects: Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical/ Vocational subjects.
- Candidates in these subjects must have received a minimum of 50% for the General Category and 45% for the Reserved Category and PwD candidates (belonging to Maharashtra State only). OR Candidates must have a Diploma in Engineering and a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (for the General category) or 45% aggregate marks (for Reserved/ Backward Category/ Persons with Disability) from Maharashtra State only.
- OR Should have a B.Sc. degree from a recognized university as defined by UGC, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (for the General category) and a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (for the Special category).
MHT CET 2023 Registration
- For registration candidates need to visit MHT CET 2023 official website cetcell.mahacet.org.
- Enter your personal details like their name, parents’ name, communication details, address details, etc. in the specific columns of the MHT CET 2023 application form.
- Choose your exam centers while filling out the MHT CET 2023 application form.
- Candidates need to upload the scanned images of their passport-size photographs and signature in MHT CET 2023 registration form in the prescribed format.
- Pay the MHT CET 2023 registration fee online through net banking/credit card/debit card or offline mode.
- After submitting all the details, you must take multiple printouts of the final MHT CET 2023 application form for future requirements.
ONLINE CBT TEST (COMPUTER BASED TEST)
- MHT-CET 2023 is a multiple-choice (MCQs) exam. Each question has four possible answers. The candidate must select an appropriate response.
- After the specified gate closure time, no candidate will be permitted to take the MHT-CET 2023.
- The MHT-CET 2023 examination will end at the time specified on the admit card; NO EXTRA TIME will be granted to any candidate.
- Candidates will not be permitted to leave the Examination Hall until the examination is completed. The candidate will not be permitted to re-enter the Test Hall once the test has been completed.
|Type of Group||Total Duration (in Min)||01 To 90 Min||91 To 180 Min|
|(PCM Group)||180||Physics & Chemistry||Mathematics|
|(PCB Group)||180||Physics & Chemistry||Biology|
MHT CET ADMIT CARD
The MHT CET 2023 admit card will be available on the official website of the Maharashtra State CET Cell. Candidates who successfully apply for the Maharashtra CET exam will be able to download the MHT CET 2023 admit card online.
Steps to download Admit Card
- Visit the official MHT CET website https://mhtcet2023.mahacet.org/
- Navigate to the MHT CET 2023 admit card link
- In the candidate portal, enter the application number, password, or DOB
- MHT CET 2023 admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Download the MHT CET 2023 admit card, review all of the details, and print it for future reference
MH CET Answer Key
The CET official website will have the answer key available for download. Candidates can access the answer key by entering their login information. If the candidates are dissatisfied with the answer provided, they will have the opportunity to challenge the answer key released by the CET cell. The CET cell will review the challenge raised by the students, and if the answer given by the student is correct, the answer key will be updated.
MH CET RESULT 2023
Candidates who took the MHT CET 2023 can view their results on the official website, cetcell.mahacet.org. Candidates must login with their application number and password to view the MHT CET 2023 results. To check the result, candidates must follow these steps.
- Visit the MHT CET official website.
- Select the link that says “MHT CET 2023 Result”.
- Click “Submit” after entering your login information.
- The MHT CET 2023 results will be shown on the screen.
- Download, and print the result for future reference.
MHT CET 2023 Documents Required
1. SSC (Std.X) mark sheet.
2. HSC/Diploma/B. Sc. mark sheet.
3. JEE / NEET / NATA Score Card Mark Sheet, if required.
4. School Leaving Certificate, if required to substantiate the claim.
5. Certificate of the Indian Nationality of the candidate.
For Second Year Engineering and Technology
Equivalence Certificate from Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education, Mumbai [www.msbte.com] for students having passed diploma from Other Board] (excluding Govt Autonomous Institutes in Maharashtra, Dr. BATU Lonere, SNDT, Mumbai)
Documents To Carry at Exam Centre
- Admit Card
- Aadhaar/E-Aadhaar card
- Voter ID
- Pan card
- Driving License
- Pan card
- Bank passbook with photograph
- Valid identity card issued by recognized college/university
- Photo identity proof issued by a Gazetted Officer on official letterhead along with a photograph
- Photo identity proof issued by a People’s Representative on official letterhead along with a photograph.
Note: For identification, any one document from 2 to 10 will be valid.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What will be the eligibility criteria for NRI Candidates in MHT CET?
A. NRI candidates must have passed HSC or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with one of these Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical/Vocational subjects and obtained at least 50 % marks in the above subjects taken together.
Q. What is the minimum mark required to apply for MHT CET 2023?
A. Candidates must have at least 50% aggregate marks in class 12. If candidates are in their 12th year, they also are qualified to apply, but candidates must provide their mark sheets at the time of admission.
Q. What is the minimum age limit for the MHT CET?
A. There is no minimum age limit to apply for MHT CET 2023.
Q. Is MHT CET only for engineering?
A. In the state of Maharashtra, the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET or MHCET) is held for admission to courses such as B. Tech/B.E, B. Pharm, and Pharm D.
Q. How many points will be deducted for each incorrect answer in the MHT CET 2023 exam?
A. MHT CET 2023 does not have negative marking. Candidates will be awarded one point for each correct answer they provide.
Q. Are there 2 attempts of MHT CET?
A. Students can attempt the MHT CET exam 3 times.’
Q. When will MHT CET 2023 be held?
A. When will MHT CET will be held in July 2023.