Unified Application Process for B.Tech Admissions in AKTU, HBTU, and MMMUT in Uttar Pradesh

For regular updates on Engineering Admission 2024, follow us on social media:

Unified Application Process for B.Tech Admissions: In a significant move to streamline the admission process for technical education in Uttar Pradesh, aspiring students now only need to submit a single application for admission to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) in Lucknow, Harcourt Butler Technical University (HBTU) in Kanpur, and Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology (MMMUT) in Gorakhpur. The state government has also established a Central Admission Committee to oversee the admissions.

These three universities, AKTU, HBTU, and MMMUT, are prominent technical institutions in Uttar Pradesh. The government has introduced a centralized admission system, and Prof. Samsher, the Vice-Chancellor of HBTU, has been appointed as the Chairman of the newly formed Central Admission Committee. HBTU has been entrusted with the responsibility of conducting the counseling for admissions in the current academic session.

Until now, students had to submit separate applications for admissions to these three universities, and the counseling process was conducted independently for each. However, this year, a single counseling process will be conducted for admissions to the seats in the affiliated technical institutions and universities. A Central Admission Committee meeting was held to discuss crucial decisions, and it was attended by key officials, including Anna V. Dinesh Kumar, the Special Secretary of Technical Education, Prof. Lalit Kumar, and Prof. Samsher, among others.

In addition to the university representatives, Prof. Vandana Sahgal from AKTU, Prof. V.K. Mishra from MMMUT, and Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Bhalla from PSIT were also present at the meeting. The discussion primarily focused on standardizing eligibility criteria. So far, the entrance requirements for B.Tech admissions were set at 45% for the general category in AKTU, 60% in MMMUT, and 55% in HBTU. The final decision on the uniformity of eligibility criteria will be made according to the directives of the government.

All universities and institutions are required to provide the number of available seats within a week. Admission to 85% of seats in private colleges will be made through counseling, while the remaining 15% will be filled under the management quota. Postgraduate programs will consider admissions through the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).

Source: Live Hindustan (Fri, Feb 2, 2024)

Leave a Comment

For Latest News & Updates About Engineering Admission Via WhatsApp, SMS And E-Mail, Enter Your Details Below

Home Popup