Indian Institute of Information Technology Surat (IIIT Surat) stands as a prestigious institution dedicated to providing high-quality education and fostering innovation in the field of information technology. Established in 2017, IIIT Surat holds a prominent position among the Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) network in the country.
Situated in Surat, Gujarat, IIIT Surat is committed to offering comprehensive undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the field of information technology. The institute aims to equip students with a solid foundation in IT, preparing them for the dynamic challenges and opportunities in today’s ever-evolving digital landscape.
IIIT Surat takes great pride in its distinguished faculty members, who are accomplished experts in their respective fields. The faculty members are deeply dedicated to imparting knowledge, conducting pioneering research, and nurturing the creative and critical thinking abilities of the students.
With cutting-edge infrastructure and facilities, IIIT Surat provides well-appointed classrooms, advanced laboratories, state-of-the-art research centers, and a modern library. These resources empower students to gain hands-on experience, conduct experiments, and access a vast array of learning materials.
|Name of the institution||Indian Institute of Information Technology Surat|
|Year of Establishment||2017|
|Approved By||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Campus Area||50 Acres|
|Institution Type||Indian Institute of Information Technology|
|Category||Engineering colleges in Gujarat|
|Entrance Examination Required||JEE-Main Exam, JEE-Advanced Exam|
|Contact Details||Address– Kholvad Campus, Kamrej, Surat – 394190Gujarat|
Approval and Status
- Approved By: All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Status: Government
Facilities and Infrastructure
Indian Institute of Information Technology Surat (IIIT Surat) boasts excellent facilities and infrastructure to support the academic and research needs of its students. Here are some key facilities provided by the institute:
- Academic Block: IIIT Surat features a modern and well-designed academic block with spacious classrooms and lecture halls. These spaces are equipped with audio-visual aids to facilitate effective teaching and learning.
- Laboratories: The institute offers well-equipped laboratories that cater to various domains of information technology. These include computer programming labs, networking labs, data science labs, and electronics labs. The laboratories provide students with hands-on experience and practical exposure to enhance their technical skills.
- Library: IIIT Surat has a well-stocked library that houses a vast collection of books, journals, research papers, and digital resources. The library serves as a valuable resource center for students and faculty, enabling them to access a wide range of academic materials.
- Computing Facilities: The institute provides high-speed internet connectivity and computing facilities to students and faculty members. These facilities ensure seamless access to online resources, research tools, and collaborative platforms.
- Hostels: IIIT Surat offers separate hostel facilities for male and female students. The hostels are well-maintained and provide a comfortable living environment for students. The rooms are furnished with essential amenities, fostering a conducive atmosphere for study and personal growth.
- Sports Facilities: IIIT Surat recognizes the importance of sports and physical fitness in the overall development of students. The institute provides sports facilities, including playgrounds, courts, and equipment for various indoor and outdoor sports activities. Students can actively participate in sports to maintain a healthy lifestyle and foster teamwork.
- Auditorium and Seminar Halls: IIIT Surat has an auditorium and seminar halls equipped with audio-visual facilities. These venues are utilized for hosting academic events, seminars, conferences, workshops, and guest lectures.
- Cafeteria: The institute has a spacious cafeteria that offers a variety of food options to cater to the diverse preferences of students and staff. It serves as a common space for students to relax, socialize, and rejuvenate.
- Medical Facilities: IIIT Surat provides basic medical facilities and has tie-ups with nearby hospitals for any emergency medical needs. The institute ensures the well-being of students and provides necessary healthcare assistance.
- Transport: IIIT Surat offers transport facilities for students and faculty members, facilitating easy commuting to and from the institute.
B. Tech Courses
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)||4 Years||90|
|Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)||4 Years||90|
B. Tech Courses
|Courses||Total Tuition Fees|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)||Rs.6,33,000|
|Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)||Rs.6,33,000|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667532500.
Research and Innovation
|Research and Innovation||Description|
|Research Areas||IIIT Surat focuses on a wide range of research areas within the field of information technology. These include artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, cyber security, computer vision, natural language processing, and software engineering, among others. Faculty members and students actively contribute to research projects within these domains.|
|Research Centers and Labs||IIIT Surat houses specialized research centers and state-of-the-art laboratories equipped with advanced facilities and resources. These centers and labs serve as hubs for conducting research and experimentation. They facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration and provide a platform for researchers to explore innovative ideas and solutions.|
|Funding Opportunities||IIIT Surat encourages faculty members and students to seek external research funding from government agencies, industry collaborations, and research grants. The institute supports researchers in identifying suitable funding opportunities and assists in the preparation of research proposals.|
|Research Publications||IIIT Surat places great emphasis on research dissemination. Faculty members and students are encouraged to publish their research findings in reputed national and international conferences, journals, and publications. This not only contributes to the scientific community but also enhances the visibility and recognition of IIIT Surat as an institution.|
|Collaborations and Partnerships||IIIT Surat actively seeks collaborations and partnerships with industry organizations, research institutions, and academia. These collaborations facilitate joint research projects, knowledge exchange, and technology transfer. Collaborative efforts help bridge the gap between academia and industry, enabling practical applications of research outcomes.|
|Innovation and Entrepreneurship||IIIT Surat nurtures a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship among its students and faculty members. The institute provides resources, mentorship, and support for translating innovative ideas into practical solutions. Entrepreneurship development programs and incubation centers are available to encourage students to explore entrepreneurial ventures.|
|Conferences and Workshops||IIIT Surat organizes national and international conferences, workshops, and seminars to facilitate knowledge sharing and collaboration. These events bring together researchers, industry experts, and academicians to exchange ideas, present research findings, and discuss emerging trends in the field of information technology.|
|Nationality||Indian nationals only.|
|Age Limit||No specific age limit.|
|Academic Qualifications||Must have passed 10+2 (or equivalent) examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Examination||Must have appeared for JEE Main conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).|
|Minimum Percentage||Must have obtained a minimum aggregate percentage in the qualifying examination. The minimum percentage may vary for different categories.|
|JEE Main Cut-off||Must meet the JEE Main cut-off set by NIT Uttarakhand.|
|Seat Allocation||Seat allocation is done through JoSAA counseling based on JEE Main ranks.|
JEE Main Cut-Off 2023
JEE Advanced Cut-off 2023
|Category||Minimum Marks in Each Subject||Minimum Aggregate Marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||5||55|
|OBC-NCL rank list||5||50|
|General EWS rank list||5||50|
|SC rank list||3||28|
|ST rank list||3||28|
|Common PwD rank list||3||28|
|OBC-NCL PwD rank list||3||28|
|General-NCL PwD rank list||3||28|
|SC PwD rank list||3||28|
|ST PwD rank list||3||28|
|Preparatory course (PC) rank lists||1||14|
Indian Institute of Information Technology Surat JoSAA Cut off 2023 Round 6
Computer Science and Engineering (B.Tech, 4 Years):
|Quota||Seat Type||Gender-Neutral Closing Rank||Female-only (including Supernumerary) Closing Rank|
Electronics and Communication Engineering (B.Tech, 4 Years):
|Quota||Seat Type||Gender-Neutral Closing Rank||Female-only (including Supernumerary) Closing Rank|
Indian Institute of Information Technology Surat CSAB Cut off 2022 Round 2
computer Science and Engineering (B.Tech, 4 Years):
|Quota||Seat Type||Gender-Neutral Closing Rank||Female-only (including Supernumerary) Closing Rank|
Table for Electronics and Communication Engineering (B.Tech, 4 Years):
|Quota||Seat Type||Gender-Neutral Closing Rank||Female-only (including Supernumerary) Closing Rank|
The counselling process for Engineering Colleges in India is conducted by two major authorities: the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) which is conducted by one of the IITs and the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) conducted by any of the NITs.
These processes are aimed at providing a fair and transparent system for candidates seeking admission to undergraduate engineering programs in Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), and other Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs).
Candidates admitted to Josaa Counselling for engineering colleges across India have the option to register for CSAB counselling in case of remaining vacant seats, ensuring additional opportunities for securing admission to esteemed engineering institutions. Here’s an overview of the counselling process conducted by JoSAA and CSAB;
Josaa Counseling Process
Detailed steps for the JoSAA Counselling are as follows;
Step 1 Registration:
In order to participate in JoSAA Counselling Process, eligible candidate should register themselves on the JoSAA Couselling website https://josaa.nic.in/ with following credentials
- JEE (Main) Application Number and password for candidates who have appeared in JEE (Main).
- JEE (Main) Application Number and password for candidates eligible through “one-time measure” and did not appear in JEE (Main).
- JEE (Advanced) login-id and password for foreign nationals who did not appear in JEE (Main).
After logging in with the provided credentials, candidates are asked to fill out personal and academic information such as name, age, gender, qualification, and other specifics.
After filling out the necessary information, candidates can proceed to the choice-filling process.
Step 2 Choice Filling
- Candidates should carefully order the academic programs when filling out the choices, keeping in mind that only those choices would be used to determine seat allocation.
- Candidates are given a 10-day window to fill in their choices which include 2 mock seat allocations. This 10-day window will NOT be extended under any circumstances.
- Candidates have 10 days to make their selections, which includes 2 mock seat allocations. This 10-day period will NOT be prolonged in any way.
- Candidates must prioritize their choices in order of preferred courses/institutes, choosing only those academic programs from the choices that they are willing to enroll in.
Step 3 Choice Locking
- Candidates must “lock” their choices on or before the final day of choice filling after selecting their preferred colleges and academic programs.
- If candidates don’t lock their choices, the most recent choices saved will be locked automatically when the selection deadline arrives.
- The choices made by a candidate cannot be changed once they have been locked. before the choice-filling deadline, candidates may edit their selections by first submitting a request to unlock in the online JoSAA portal. The registered mobile and email will receive an OTP that can be used to verify the unlock request. The candidate’s options will become available after being verified.
Steps 4 Seat Allotment and Seat Acceptance:
- The candidate is responsible for logging into the JoSAA portal and verifying whether a seat has been assigned in a specific round of seat allocation.
- If the candidate is given a seat, they must complete “Online Reporting” before the last date or time allotted for the given round—the round in which the seat is allocated—in order to accept the seat.
- Once all of the documents have been verified, the assigned seat will either be confirmed or canceled. To accept a seat that has been allotted to them, a candidate must download the “Initial Seat Allotment Intimation Slip” and follow the instructions.
Step A Accept the Seat: The candidate must accept the seat offered and choose one of the following options for the academic program for the next round: “Freeze,” “Slide,” or “Float”
Step B Upload the documents: The candidate must upload each of the necessary documents listed on the JoSAA Portal.
Step C : Pay the Seat Acceptance Fee:
- To be eligible for a seat in the IITs or NIT+ system, a candidate MUST pay the seat acceptance fee and complete the entire JoSAA process.
- If the candidate does not pay the seat acceptance fee, the documents they have uploaded cannot be verified. The admission fee is distinct from the seat acceptance fee and varies by institute and candidate category.
Step 5: Document Verification:
Students must get their documentation verified in this step in accordance with the schedule. Verification of the documents will be done online. Students won’t be permitted to report to the designated location for final admission until all of their documentation has been verified.
Step 6: Reporting the college:
The final step is for applicants to report at the designated institute to pay the balance due as well as complete any remaining admissions requirements.
Options on Seats Allotted in JoSAA Counselling
- Floating: Candidates must choose this option if they want to accept the assigned seat but are also open to advancement and admission to more desirable institutions or programs.
- Freezing: If a candidate is content with the seat they have been assigned and does not want to take part in any additional rounds of counseling, they must Freezing this option.
- Sliding: Candidates who select the sliding option will be notified of their allotment but will also be eligible to enroll in a higher-level preferred course at the same institution.
JoSAA Counselling Fees
Before accepting the seats allotted by JoSAA Counseling, candidates must pay a Partial Admission Fee (PAF). The details for PAF for various categories are given below;
- After logging in, the JoSAA portal offers UPI, Net Banking, debit card, and credit card services.
- State Bank of India e-challan downloaded from the JoSAA portal upon login.
- Provisional JoSAA seat allotment letter 2023
- Three passport-size photographs similar to one uploaded in JEE Main 2023 application form
- Candidate Undertaking
- Proof of Seat Acceptance Fee Payment by e-challan or Internet Banking through SBI
- JEE Main Score Card 2023
- JEE Main Admit Card 2023
- Class 10th Standard Mark Sheet or Date of Birth Proof
- Class 12 (or equivalent) Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate
- Valid photo Identity Card
- Medical Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- OCI Certificate or PIO Card (if applicable)
- Registration and Filled Choices for Seat Allotment
CSAB Counseling Process
Eligible candidates are required to register on the CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board) portal, which can be accessed at https://csab.nic.in. The process ofcounseling is as follows:
Steps 1: Registration
- Visit the CSAB portal at https://csab.nic.in.
- If you are applying for Engineering/Architecture programs, log in using your JEE (Main)- Roll Number and the password you created during JEE (Main)/JEE(Adv.) registration.
- Remember to keep your password confidential and not share it with anyone.
- After logging in, you can proceed with the registration process.
- Make sure the data you enter matches the information available in the JEE (Main)- database of NTA. This is important for successful registration.
- If there are any discrepancies, your registration may be cancelled.
Step 2: Filling up the registration form and Uploading Documents:
During online registration for CSAB counseling, candidates need to provide and verify the following information on the CSAB portal:
- Gender: Select your gender (male, female, or other).
- State of Domicile: Mention your permanent residence state.
- Category: Choose your category (General, OBC-NCL, SC, ST, etc.).
- PwD Status: Indicate if you have a disability or fall under the Persons with Disability category.
- Special Benefit claim for Manipur: Provide relevant details if you are eligible for special benefits in Manipur.
- Sub-Tribe Claim for Nagaland: Provide relevant details if you have a sub-tribe claim in Nagaland.
- PRC/Domicile: If required, provide proof of Permanent Resident Certificate or Domicile. The aggregate percentage of Class XII or equivalent marks: Enter your overall percentage in the Class XII or equivalent examination.
Additionally, candidates need to upload scanned copies (in PDF or JPG format) of the following documents as evidence:
- Photo ID Proof as per Government of India guidelines
- JEE(Main) Admit Card (not applicable for pharmacy candidates)
- Class X certificate
- Class XII certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Category certificate
- PwD certificate
- Special benefit certificate
- PRC/Domicile certificate (if applicable)
Step 3: Document verification
During CSAB counseling, officials verify uploaded documents to determine the eligibility of candidates. The outcomes of document verification are as follows:
- If the uploaded documents are correct, the candidate’s candidature is confirmed, and they proceed with the counseling process.
- If the uploaded documents are found to be incorrect or inaccurate, the candidate’s candidature is marked as “ineligible,” and they are disqualified from further participation in the counseling.
- In case of any discrepancies or doubts regarding the documents, queries are raised by the verifying officials and communicated to the candidates through SMS/email.
Candidates are required to respond to the queries raised by the officials within the given timeframe using their login credentials. It is mandatory to address these queries to ensure a smooth counseling process.
Upon satisfactory resolution of the queries, the candidate’s candidacy is confirmed, and they can continue with the counseling process. However, if it is discovered that a candidate has provided incorrect, false, or fraudulent information, their allotted seat (if any) may be canceled. Additionally, they will be deemed ineligible for admission and may face legal consequences.
Eligible candidates, after successful document verification, can proceed to fill their preferred choices of programs and institutes online through the CSAB portal. It is crucial to provide accurate and genuine information throughout the counseling process to secure a seat in the desired program and institute. make simplified
Step 4: Choice filling and Choice locking
During CSAB counseling, candidates need to fill their preferred choices of branches and institutes in order of preference. Here is a simplified outline of the procedure:
- Enable Pop-ups: Candidates should ensure that pop-ups are enabled on their internet browser before starting choice filling.
- Eligibility and Restrictions: Candidates should check the institute’s websites for any special restrictions or criteria. They should only fill choices for which they are eligible. For example, some seats may not be available for female or PwD candidates. Candidates should not fill such choices. Additionally, some colleges are exclusively for girls, and male candidates filling those seats may face consequences.
- Maximum Choices: Candidates are encouraged to fill the maximum number of choices in the order of their preference from the available seat choices.
Step 5: Saving and Locking Choices
- Saving: After filling choices, candidates must SAVE their choices. Saved choices can be retrieved and modified later.
- Locking: Candidates should LOCK their final choices before the scheduled date and time. Locked choices cannot be edited.
- Procedure: Locking involves entering the password, confirming the locking, etc. Candidates should follow the steps carefully.
- Printable Version: Once choices are locked, a printable version with terms and conditions will be displayed.
- Download and Sign: Candidates must download the PDF of locked choices, sign it, and keep it for their records.
Automatic Locking: If a candidate fails to explicitly lock choices before the deadline, their last saved choices will be automatically locked. It is advised to lock choices personally and keep a printed copy.
Step 6: Online Seat Allotment ( Rounds and Online Reporting)
First-Round Seat Allotment
|Seat Allotment Result||Seats are allotted based on merit and choices. Result is displayed on CSAB Portal. No individual allotment letters are sent.|
|Acceptance Fee||Pay the seat allotment/acceptance fee of Rs. 3,000 online via Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, or SBI e-challan.|
|Willingness Options||Choose one of the following options: Float, Slide, or Freeze.|
|Option-I (Float)||Considered for higher preference choices across institutes in the next round.|
|Option-II (Slide)||Considered for higher preference choices within the allotted institute in the next round.|
|Option-III (Freeze)||Satisfied with the currently allotted seat and not considered for higher preference choices in the next round.|
|Option-III (Freeze) – Approval and Admission||Allotments were communicated for approval. Download the Provisional Admission Letter (PAL) and report to the allotted institute.|
|Seat allotment/acceptance fee (SAF)||Rs. 3,000/-|
|Refund Policy||Institutes may or may not refund fees if a candidate withdraws. CSAB NEUT- is not responsible for refunds.|
|Option-I (float) or Option-II (Slide) – Second Round||Wait for the second and final round of seat allotment.|
Remember to follow the instructions, pay the acceptance fee, and complete the necessary procedures to secure admission in the desired institute.
Second-Round Seat Allotment
|Second Round of Seat Allotment||– Processed as per business rules- Result displayed on CSAB portal|
|Eligibility for Second Round of Seat Allotment||– Candidates not allotted a seat in the 1st round- Candidates who chose Option-I or Option-II|
|Seats Available for Second Round of Seat Allotment||– Vacant seats after 1st round and online reporting|
|Process of Second Round of Seat Allotment||– Sliding of allotted seats to higher choices- Allotment to candidates based on choices, merit, and rules|
|Seat allotment/acceptance fee (SAF)||– Payment of Rs. 3,000/- – Approval by respective DTEs after verification|
|Provisional Admission Letter||– Downloadable after approval|
|Reporting to Allotted Institute||– Reporting with Provisional Admission Letter and necessary documents|
|Allotment of Seats||– Final allotment after 2nd round of seat allotment|
Step 7: Seat Withdrawal
Candidates who have been allotted a seat in either the first or second round of seat allotment have the option to withdraw their seat within the specified timeframe. By doing so through the CSAB Portal, they will receive a refund of Rs. 2000 out of the total seat acceptance fee of Rs. 3000. However, withdrawing the seat means they forfeit their claim to the allotted seat. These candidates may still have the opportunity to participate in any spot round conducted by the respective DTE/NERIST.
Step 8: Reporting to the colleges
For physical reporting and admission, candidates who have downloaded the Provisional Admission Letter (PAL) should directly report to the allotted institute as per the schedule provided by CSAB NEUT-. They must bring all the required documents in their original form.
Documents Required During Physical Reporting
- Printout of Provisional Admission Letter (PAL).
- Undertaking by the candidate. (if applicable)
- Photo ID proof
- Admit Card of JEE (Main)- (For Engg./Arch. candidates)
- Score Card of JEE (Main)- issued by NTA (downloaded score card is
- acceptable) (For Engg. /Arch. Candidates).
- Class X (High School) Board Certificate as proof of date of birth.
- Certificate and Marks sheet of qualifying examination
- Proof of fee paid
- Certificate of category / subcategory / caste /sub-caste/PRC as applicable,
- issued by the competent authority [Annexure -I for Non-Creamy Layer OBC
- (OBC-NCL) and Annexure II for SC/ST]
- Proof of place of examination center in case of final qualifying examination
- is from the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) formerly known as
- National Open School (NOS).
- One passport size photograph identical to the one pasted on the JEE (Main) Application form.
- Permanent Resident Certificate/Domicile (Required for NERIST)
- Medical Certificate (Annexure–IV)
- Any other documents as desired by the admitted Institute.
Placement and Alumni Network
The Indian Institute of Information Technology Surat (IIIT Surat) places a strong emphasis on providing excellent placement opportunities to its students. The institute has a dedicated placement cell that works closely with leading companies in the IT industry to facilitate internships, industrial training, and job placements. The placement cell conducts regular training sessions, mock interviews, and workshops to enhance students’ technical and soft skills, making them industry-ready.
IIIT Surat’s strong industry connections, combined with its rigorous academic curriculum, enable students to secure lucrative job offers from renowned organizations. The institute’s placement record showcases a high percentage of successful placements, reflecting the trust and recognition of the industry in the quality of education and skills imparted by IIIT Surat.
The alumni network of IIIT Surat is a valuable asset to the institute and plays a significant role in shaping the future of its students. IIIT Surat takes pride in its extensive alumni network, comprising successful professionals who have excelled in various domains of the IT industry. The institute maintains a strong relationship with its alumni, engaging them in various activities such as guest lectures, industry interactions, mentoring sessions, and alumni meets.
The alumni network serves as a valuable resource for current students, offering guidance, mentorship, and career advice. Alumni often share their industry experiences, insights, and job opportunities, contributing to the overall growth and development of the institute. The strong bond between IIIT Surat and its alumni fosters a sense of belonging and inspires students to achieve their goals, knowing that they have a supportive network to rely on even after graduation.
Indian Institute of Information Technology Surat
- Address– Kholvad Campus, Kamrej, Surat – 394190 Gujarat.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website- http://www.iiitsurat.ac.in/
Engineering predictors refer to tools that use historical data and algorithms to estimate a student’s rank or chances of admission in engineering entrance exams like JEE Main or JEE Advanced, or to predict their likelihood of getting into specific engineering colleges based on their exam performance and other relevant factors.
We offer a range of valuable predictors to guide students through this crucial journey. Here are some of the Predictor that we provide,
- JEE Main Rank Predictor
- JEE Advanced Rank Predictor
- JEE Main College Predictor
- JEE Advanced College Predictor
Engineering Admission Consultant
As a JoSAA Counselling Expert, we offer specialized guidance and support for engineering admissions through the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) Counselling process. Our team of knowledgeable Engineering Admission Consultants is well-versed in Josaa and CSAB counselling process, and we are dedicated to helping students achieve their dream of pursuing a successful engineering career.
With our expertise, we provide personalized assistance at every step of the admission process. Whether it’s college selection, application support, or understanding the JoSAA Counselling procedure, we are here to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience for aspiring engineers. Our Engineering Admission Consultant, also guide students for state level counseling.
Josaa Expert Counselling
Our expert counselling services cover JoSAA Counselling, CSAB Counselling, admission to top private engineering colleges, state-level counselling, and NRI counselling. Whether you aim for prestigious institutions like IITs and NITs or seek admissions in private colleges or state government engineering institutes, we are here to assist you at every step. Our experienced counsellors provide personalized guidance, ensuring you make informed decisions throughout the admission process. Here’re some of the details about JoSAA Expert Counsellings we offered;
- Josaa Counselling
- CSAB Counselling
- Top-Private Engineering College
- State Level Counselling
- Direct Admission Through Management Quota
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What programs does the Indian Institute of Information Technology Surat (IIIT Surat) offer?
A: IIIT Surat offers undergraduate programs in fields such as Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) and Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE). The institute also offers postgraduate programs and research opportunities in specialized areas of information technology.
Q: What are the infrastructure facilities available at IIIT Surat?
A: IIIT Surat provides state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities to support the academic and research needs of its students. The institute has well-equipped classrooms, advanced laboratories, a modern library, hostels for students, sports facilities, a cafeteria, and medical facilities. These facilities create a conducive environment for learning, research, and overall student development.
Q: Does IIIT Surat have a strong faculty team?
A: Yes, IIIT Surat has a dedicated team of highly qualified and experienced faculty members. The faculty members are experts in their respective fields and are committed to delivering quality education, conducting research, and guiding students in their academic pursuits.
Q: What is the research culture like at IIIT Surat?
A: IIIT Surat promotes a strong research culture among its faculty and students. The institute encourages and supports research activities, interdisciplinary collaborations, and participation in national and international conferences and journals. IIIT Surat provides research facilities, funding opportunities, and guidance to faculty and students to foster a vibrant research environment.
Q: How are the placements at IIIT Surat?
A: IIIT Surat has a dedicated placement cell that works closely with industry partners to facilitate internships and job placements for students. The institute has a commendable track record of placements, with students being recruited by leading companies in the IT industry. The placement cell organizes career fairs, placement drives, and offers career guidance to ensure the best possible placements for its students.
Q: Does IIIT Surat have an active industry interface?
A: Yes, IIIT Surat actively promotes industry interactions and collaborations. The institute maintains strong ties with industry partners, leading to industry-sponsored projects, internships, and placement opportunities for students. These interactions bridge the gap between academia and industry, providing students with exposure to real-world challenges and industry-relevant skills.
Q: What extracurricular activities are available at IIIT Surat?
A: IIIT Surat encourages students to participate in a wide range of extracurricular activities, including sports, cultural events, technical competitions, and student clubs. The institute promotes holistic development and provides platforms for students to showcase their talents and develop leadership and teamwork skills.
Q: Does IIIT Surat have a strong alumni network?
A: Yes, IIIT Surat has a strong and active alumni network. The institute maintains a close connection with its alumni and encourages their participation in various activities, including guest lectures, industry collaborations, and mentoring sessions. The alumni network serves as a valuable resource for current students, providing guidance, mentorship, and networking opportunities.